Thursday, May 2, 2013

Be good to your hair without being high maintenance

Hey guys! I've been asked by people from set, girlfriends, and by some rando's how my hair looks the way it does. I am going to share with you guys what my favorite hair products are. For those of your that know me well I don't like spending time on my hair in my day to day life. There are exceptions where I'll take time and really curl my hair or blow it out for an event or a party, but for all the rest of the days in the year I have a pretty simple regiment down. I love when I can go from day to night with my hair without much work in between.

I love my ombre highlights and have loved them for a few years now. I recently just got more color in my hair since most of my color was growing out. That is why ombre is the best. You don't need to do anything to maintain the color and you don't need to spend loads of money coloring your hair all the time. Because I do have color I use products that protect my hair from color fading and provide as much moisture without being oily or greasy.

Hiking to nighttime with my gals :)



Healthy and easy to style hair begins with a good shampoo and conditioner. The L'OREAL EverPure collection is my favorite. Specifically the volume shampoo and the moisture conditioner since my hair can get pretty dry depending on the weather. After shampooing and conditioning I always use one of three nourishing treatments you'll see below depending on how I want my hair to set.

This leave in nourishing spray also by L'OREAL is amazing. I love the smell and it's really inexpensive which is always a plus. This product has a few different yummy oils, but isn't as intense as how some straight up hair oils can be. I spray this in damp towel dried hair, run a brush through my hair to detangle, do some scrunching to get some extra volume, and then I just let my hair air dry. I sometime alternate between this and "It's a 10" to keep things exciting.


This is pricier, but for me I consider this liquid gold. I'll use it's a 10 on days where my hair has been more tangled and when I'll be using heat. You can definitely find it cheaper online through Amazon or other online beauty supply stores. I have long thick hair that always gets tangled in the shower and this works like a charm. It truly is a product that lives up to what it says it does. What does it do? Well...10 things. 
It repairs dry damaged hair, adds shine, smoothes & controls frizz, seals & protects hair color, flat iron spray and thermal protector, detangles, stops hair breakage, creates silkiness, enhances natural body, prevents split ends.
So many benefits in one. How can you not love that?
For a beachy, wavy, tousled look I'll use my Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream. Put a generous amount in damp hair and you can either use a diffuser as you scrunch your hair upwards or you can scrunch and let you hair air dry.

Lastly, on days where I actually decide to style my hair and tease it/curl it I turn to L'OREAL's Elnett Satin hairspray. In my opinion it's hands down the best hairspray in the industry. They actually make a huge variety of different ones, but drugstore usually only carry the Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold with UV filter for Color-Treated Hair or the Strong Hold classic spray. If you can get yourself to a industry beauty supply store, the pink volume boosting spray works wonders and is great for teasing your hair. I use the UV filter for Color-Treated hair. My favorite thing about this hairspray is how the hold is incredibly strong, but your hair doesn't feel like a wig since you can still touch it and you don't hear a 'crunch'!


 xoxo Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment