Wednesday, September 28, 2011

forever and a day

I got to treat the hubby to his first massage. It was truly amazing...70 minutes of pure bliss. He works so hard and his work is so physically and mentally demanding that I want to do this for him more often. I highly recommend doing a couples massage if you can!

We were already in Old Town Pasadena so we grabbed a bite to eat at Ichi Sushi and passed by an adorable little bakery called, "Dot's Cupcakes." Here's what we got:

Bo grabbed the cutest little milk to go with our cupcakes :)
As you can see we obviously couldn't decide on one cupcake each so we got a bunch of flavors and had a cupcake feast.
-A mini red velvet
-A mini pumpkin (my favorite thing about fall)
-A mini carrot
-A mini tiramisu (to die for)
-A marble
-Mint chocolate chip

My personal review: Loved it! loved it! loved it! The cake was really moist and the amount of icing was perfect. I'm not big into cupcakes with huge heaping piles of frosting and the flavors were amazing. Bo's favorite was the marble, the icing and the cake had an extremely balanced swirl of vanilla and chocolate. My personal favorite would have to be the mint chip. I think they got me because the color of the icing was the perfect mint-y green, the same shade as my favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Speaking of ice cream Bo and I recently tried the famous Mashti Malone's Ice Cream. I had to try it after all the buzz I'd been reading in food magazines and foodie blogs and I can tell you I was not disappointed. I got the lavender ice cream and I'll be going back for more again and again!

Tomorrow I'll be making my first batch of kale chips...so excited!

Goodnight world x's o's

No comments:

Post a Comment