Friday, April 12, 2013

Shark? Pig? A little of both?

I'm never good at industry schmoozing events/those really awkward networking mixers...but tonight was just plain fun. SHARKPIG is a production company I worked with around this time last year on on a commercial of theirs that I helped production manage. So flash forward last week, I got an invite to: "Shark Pig's Slick Dick Hollywood Schmoozefest" and was immediately excited. I mean how can you not be with such a great party title! I brought Boa and Jocelyn along and was so glad I did. We walked through a set of doors to the patio where the party was being held, and the first person I see is someone Boa and I had roomed with in my freshman year at college. It's a small world at large and it is so much smaller in Los Angeles and even smaller in the film industry. I had no idea that our old roommate was childhood friends with the founders of the company. This town is so small-sometimes I feel like we all know each other. There must be a one degree separation between all of us. There really is nothing better than being around people that are passionate about what they do and generally seem to love life and know how to live it up. Got to see a few really great work buddies too. Can't wait to work with everyone in 2013!!! Lastly, let me just say...these guys know what to throw a party. 

"what should we do?" 

"I'm going to take a photo of us photoboothing"

"let's just take a good one"...this is the best...I love you guys. 

they really know how to throw a party. 
there really were shark tacos and pig tacos. nom. nom. nom. :)

my love.

third times the charm. I love you mei mei.


outfit of the night: vintage Chanel, prabal gurung for target pumps, current elliott ankle skinnies, joe's jeans blouse, Pavonine asymmetrical jacket, garage gypsy jewelry & various vintage jewelry

Signing off...it's been a long and productive day. Looking forward to all my new adventures in 2013! 

ps: my first editorial shoot with Jocelyn is happening this Wednesday...get excited for some fun outfits

xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment