Tuesday, December 3, 2013

h e r b s || g a l o r e

A few posts back I had mentioned that one of my goals this holiday season was to grow my own herbs.  I'm sick of buying herbs and not being able to use all of it before they go bad. I love cooking with a variety and nothing's better than cooking with things that you've grown yourself. My first stop was to Home Depot for potting soil and my seeds. My second stop was to grab these simple silver pots from Ikea along with a set of very cute and inexpensive set of gardening tools. I had purchased chalk labels from Martha Stewart's line at Staples awhile back with no real purpose in mind. They turned out to be the perfect solution for my pot labeling. In general I highly recommend the Martha Stewart line at Staples...I mean the woman is a genius!
Boa helped me drill a hole in each of the pots to allow the herbs to drain :)

I got this amazing woven potting fabric from Boa's mom who's a master gardener. It's called "Weed Blocker." It allows the water to drain while blocking out insects and keeping in the dirt. I cut out circles to line the bottom of my pots.

Planted!
The anticipation of these babies growing up is killing me. I'll keep y'all updated with photos soon. 

xoxo j



No comments:

Post a Comment