Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Holiday Family Event

We had the parents over our place for dinner two weeks ago just in time for the Holidays. 

The table setting. I'm so glad I could pull out this Williams Sonoma tablecloth. I don't get to use it much when it's just the two of us. During the holidays Trader Joe's is my favorite place to be. They have amazing seasonal products and a great florals selection. I got one bouquet that I divided for the arrangement. 

Bruschetta was a hit! Can't wait to make it again.
 Squash two ways & a blue cheese/beet/pomegranate herbs salad
 
 We had pasta bolognese for our main course, but unfortunately we had such a good time I forgot to snap a photo. 
Nothing better than homemade whipped cream. 
I made the favorite again: Asian pear pie :)

What makes cooking and baking so worth doing is doing it for people you love. 
Merry Holidays!!! 

XOXO 




No comments:

Post a Comment