Tuesday, November 26, 2013

h u b b y ' s // f a v o r i t e s

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I've definitely spent the last week focusing on all the things that I have to be thankful for. It's extremely important to take a moment in every day and think about all the things in life that make you smile. In many ways you can call it a type of meditation practice. I'm so thankful to have my guy in my life. He appreciates food and design in the same way I do. I love that we get to share the same passions and the little things in between that make life colorful. I put a lot of love and effort into making healthy delicious meals because I have someone at home who thoroughly enjoys good food. It makes all the difference don't you think!?


I like to pan fry smaller cuts of steak. I marinated these for about 30 mins in a ziplock with soy sauce, ground pepper, sesame oil, and some french thyme. I pan fried them on each side for about 4 minutes on each side on med-high heat for a pink center. 




Artichokes are so good right now! Just trim and steam (25-45 mins depending on artichoke size). 
I whipped up some quick and easy garlic aioli to dip the artichoke in. 

g a r l i c  a i o l i
-4 tblsp organic mayo
-1 tblsp lemon juice
-1/4 tsp cayenne 
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-black pepper to taste
-pinch of truffle salt

 Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment