Thursday, November 21, 2013

it's been forty-somethin' days since...

So good to be back in our casa! Boa and I have been away in New York for the last forty-something days working on a feature film he was shooting. It was amazing to work along side one another for such a long period of time. We've both learned a lot about ourselves and each other. I loved camera assisting, but I also have learned that I'm glad that I don't do it on the regular for such long stretches of time. I'm black and blue all over haha! Most importantly, I feel so lucky that the two of us work so well together. I loved having our own silent language on set. It was an amazing experience and we wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm incredibly proud of him and excited for everyone involved. The film has a special place in our hearts.

I've definitely missed our home we've made together, but I also think it's extremely important and useful to go away for awhile and come back with fresh eyes to re-examine your living space. During the time away I was already making mental moves partially to get our place ready in time for the holidays and also because I'm a firm believer that it takes a few years to really get your place to the point you've been dreaming of. Nothing's overnight, people! 

Since being back we've jumped into high gear, making new additions (and subtractions) to our place while we re-organize. For us home really is where the heart is so it's important to come home and smile. 

I'm not quite ready to share all the changes quite yet, but here are some sneak peeks of what's happening around here.



A birthday card from Boa's grandmother is here to stay. Getting the bar cart ready...*squeals with excitement*



Got a few cans of Rustoleum from Home Depot and I've been going crazy about the house haha...these are just a few gold additions. It's a really fun and super easy way to update old items that you've gotten bored with. 


Can you tell I'm obsessed?


It's lemon season around here at the Simon-Hou backyard!
I'm gathering recipes calling for all things lemon just in time to bake for Thanksgiving :)

I have two important goals this holiday season: 1. to spend more time out back since it's so beautiful 2. to start growing some of my own favorite things like Lavender, basil, maybe even some veggies & fruits...exciting times

Updates to come!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment